Facilitator: Matthew Little
Agenda: Thursday 6th of November (morning). This will be run in groups of 12, due to classroom size restricitions. The 50 minute workshop will be repeated four times, every hour.
Description: A practical workshop on the use of open-source datalogger. This 50min workshop will cover the basics of wind speed and direction data logging, introduce various methods to do this and give everyone a chance to try out some real equipment.
In this hands-on workshop we will cover:
- Different types of wind speed and direction sensors
- Different datalogger units
- Introduce an open-source arduino-based data logger unit
- Introduce the basics of Arduino
- Upload new code to the data-logger
- Record and analyse some recorded data
If you have a laptop available, then please bring it to this session.